Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
The LDO product line is seeking a well-qualified candidate to participate as a validation engineer in the organization’s Application & Validation Engineering team. In this position, you will partner with the design, product definition, and test engineering teams to help bring high quality, innovative products to market. You will also work with our application engineers to answer customer questions and help debug complex customer problems giving you exposure to how our customers use our parts and common problems our customers face. These customer facing activities will be used to help guide the validation process for future devices which will further improve the quality of the devices we offer to our customers.
Validation Engineers are responsible for performing device level validation on new products as well as designing, implementing, and improving accurate methods of making automated measurements which cover both the device’s specified performance as well as its system level robustness.
Typical responsibilities include:
· Validation of new LDOs
· Improve hardware and software of automated measurement systems as needed
· Design and debug test hardware
· Generate and maintain the VVCM (Verification and Validation Compliance Matrix) for new product development projects
· Provide system level expertise to the design team and attend design reviews to evaluate potential system level problems during the design phase
· Finalizing new product datasheets
· Upgrading released datasheets
· Provide customer support for application questions and issues in between new product development tasks (approximately 20% of time)
· Bachelors or Masters in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field
· Minimum 3 yrs. of relevant professional experience in analog products
· Excellent hardware debug skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Using advanced Lab instruments including oscilloscopes, AWGs, network and spectrum analyzer, etc.
· Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with global cross functional development teams
Preferred Skills/ Experience
· Familiarity with automating testing using bench equipment
· Familiarity with Test Stand and LabView coding environments
· Hands on experience with PCB design
· Experience performing new product validation
· Familiarity with release of AEC-Q100 qualified devices
· Experience testing analog power products
· Experience designing hardware using analog power products